- 1 stick (4 ounces) butter, melted
- 1 cup plus 3 tablespoons granulated sugar, divided
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3 to 4 ripe peaches, peeled, pitted, thinly sliced
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
Heat oven to 375°.
Pour melted butter into a 2-quart baking dish (11×7 or 8-inch square).
In a mixing bowl, combine 1 cup of the sugar, the flour, baking powder, and salt; stir to blend. Stir in the milk and vanilla until blended. Pour the batter over the melted butter. Toss the peaches with the remaining 3 tablespoons of sugar and 1/2 teaspoon of cinnamon. Arrange the peach slices over the batter.
Bake for 25 to 30 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the cake comes out clean. The top will be browned and the cake will begin to pull away from the sides of the pan.
Serve warm with a little heavy cream, whipped topping, or a scoop of vanilla ice cream.