Blue Cheese Butter:
1/2 cup (1 stick) unsalted butter, softened
One 4-ounce package blue cheese crumbles
1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
Pinch of salt
A few grinds of black pepper
2 strip steaks, 1 inch thick
1 teaspoon vegetable oil ( I prefer Olive OIL)
Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Cream the butter in small bowl, then add the blue cheese, Worcestershire, salt, and pepper and cream again until smooth. Using a 12-inch piece of plastic wrap, spoon out the butter mixture and roll it up like a log, twisting the ends. Freeze the butter until firm or up to 1 month.
- Bring the steaks to room temperature. Preheat the oven to 350°F. Heat a Grill Pan until smoking hot over high heat on the stove. Carefully brush the pan with the oil.
- Season the steaks to taste on both sides with salt and pepper. Carefully place the steaks on the hot grill pan and grill for 2 minutes per side.
- Transfer the grill pan to the oven and let finish cooking for 2 minutes.
- Remove the pan from the oven and let the steaks rest for 5 minutes before serving with a pat of the blue cheese butter on each steak.